Molecular Techniques and Methods
Disposal of Ethidium Bromide
Copy Right © 2001/ Institute of Molecular Development LLC
All solutions containing ethidium bromide must be decontaminated before being discarded.
1. Add 100 mg activated charcoal/ ml dye solution.
2. Let stand at least 1 hour with occasional stirring.
3. Filter through Whatman No.1 filter paper.
4. Pour the clear filtrate into the sink.
5. Place the filter paper containing the dye/charcoal mixture into the biohazard waste.
Please send your comment on this protocol to "